[mythtv-users] apt.sw.be down, is there an alternative?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Nov 2 01:30:03 EST 2003

> Well, that worked.  And I'm not missing something unique to Dag Wieers'
> rpm site?  (Phrased another way, isn't apt-get smart enough to do this
> itself if it can without losing anything?)

dag's archive seems to be mostly third-party stuff that the other
archives don't carry.  you MIGHT be missing something, but if you don't
tell it to check a site, it won't tell you that you need to upgrade
things that you might.  But just re-enable it when it comes back up
again.

On that note, both apt and yum have some issues with overlapping files,
of which there are several if you enable all of the archives that Axel's
rpm's give you..  apt will seemingly randomly choose which conflicting
rpm to install (sometimes causing conflicts when it chooses to install
another conflicting one as a dependency to the first).  Yum seems to
just error out.

-Chris