[mythtv-users] inactive video blank with dpms off & screensaver off

Nick Bartos spam99 at 2thebatcave.com
Sat Nov 1 18:59:11 EST 2003

I am starting to get ticked on this one.

I have power management disabled in BIOS, and have disabled dpms and the
screensaver, but I still get a blank screen after several minutes of
inactivity.  I can hit something on the keyboard (which myth does react to
BTW), and the screen will come back.  When the screen is blanked, my
remote does nothing (it is attached on the serial port).

I have tried playing around with everything I can think of, but no go.  It
seems similar to the way the screen blanks without X running at all (I'm
not sure what prog does it, maybe login), so I was thinking it may be
somehow related, but I don't know how to shut that off.

I am running the frontend with this script started at the end of inittab:

cat /root/startmyth
#!/bin/bash

# start mythfrontend via X

export PATH="$PATH:/usr/X11R6/bin"