[mythtv-users] Re: Listings off by one hour

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Sat Nov 1 18:44:58 EST 2003

Erik Dooper <erik at dooper.com> writes:

> My backend server is in the same timezone (Europe/Amsterdam) as the site
> where the listings come from, and the clock is synced by cron with a ntp
> server every night. A 'date' gives the correct time. My hardware clock
> is running on time as well.

Same for me.

> I've set TimeOffset tot 'None' through mythsetup. If I set it to
> anything else, it's calculated correctly. For example, if I set
> TimeOffset to +0200, everything is off by two hours, but None and Auto
> cause it to be off by one hour.
>
> I had a look at the the piece of code that is responsible for the
> timeoffset calculation and the
> timeoffset is somehow calculated as 60 for my setup, instead of 0. I
> don't know why it does that, though. I suspect some obscure system
> setting, in true Unix fashion tucked deep deep down somewhere...

Is that with TimeOffset == Auto or +0100 ?

> PS. I was very confused by the statement 'Ignoring invalid Timeoffset'.
> I could not figure out how that could be invalid since one chooses it
> from a dropdown box. Until I saw in the source that, if you set
> TimeOffset to None, it is made invalid on purpose, causing this
> confusing message to be printed. What's the idea behind this ?

'Ignoring invalid TimeOffset' is only printed if your TimeOffset setting
is not in the format '+0100' or '-1030', so that seems to be wrong.
Note that it's NOT printed for TimeOffset == "None".

Have a look at the TV listings xml file. Probably the times/timezone is
off by one hour, but b/c of the invalid TimeOffset mythfilldatabase
doesn't do anything.

Bye, Stefan

--
It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

                                   -- Thomas Jefferson