[mythtv-users] PVR-250 or PVR-350?

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sat Nov 1 15:57:34 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 17:54, Joel Anderson wrote:
> Message> Where in Canada did you find a source for the 350?
>
> I had problems finding a PVR-350 in Canada too, so settled on a 250 for now.
> Looks like http://www.directdial.com/ca/shop/ has some in stock now though.

I hope Hauppauge will produce more PVR350s for the free market.
Microsofts XP MCE demands lots of OEM cards, so Hauppauge produces these
cards and cuts down throughput of 350s (the 350 never had the market
like the 250 since MS doesn't support the TV-Out beyond mere TV and
Video stream display)

I also settled for a 250 and after 4 weeks had the opportunity to get
one 350 and took it. I didn't regret it, no comparison to a 250 and
TV-out on a VGA card.

Torsten