[mythtv-users] How do you compile with support for TV Out on PVR 350?

Ward Vandewege ward at pong.be
Sat Nov 1 14:07:08 EST 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
> It's taken over the text consoles.  Only way to stop it from doing this, that
> I'm aware of, is to make sure another framebuffer driver (for, say, an actual
> video card) gets loaded first.

Right. I've managed to do that now - ivtv-fb loads & unloads just fine.
Thanks!

>>Also, once I have gone to 'Watch TV', the bottom 20% of the screen
>>becomes a duplicate of the top 20%, making Myth even less useable...
>

> Sounds like something's not in PAL mode for you; perhaps the capture
> resolution's not at x576 (not sure if it scales odd-height captures to
> full-size), or you're not using Jens Axboe's latest source tree, or you
> didn't load the ivtv driver with the ivtv_pal=1 parameter, or there's still
> something in the driver hardcoded to NTSC, etc, etc, etc.

#!/bin/sh
# Select TV Connector
/downloads/ivtv/utils/test_ioctl -p 4
/downloads/ivtv/utils/test_ioctl -u 0xff
/downloads/ivtv/utils/test_ioctl -f width=720,height=576

I load ivtv like this:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options tuner type=5 pal=1
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
options ivtv ivtv_pal=1
options saa7127 pal=1 enable_output=1 output_select=0
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

What else should I check for PAL settings?

Bye for now,
Ward.