[mythtv-users] How do you compile with support for TV Out on PVR 350?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Nov 1 12:35:02 EST 2003

Ward Vandewege wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
>> Sounds like something's not in PAL mode for you; perhaps the capture
>> resolution's not at x576 (not sure if it scales odd-height captures to
>> full-size), or you're not using Jens Axboe's latest source tree, or
>> you didn't load the ivtv driver with the ivtv_pal=1 parameter, or
>> there's still something in the driver hardcoded to NTSC, etc, etc, etc.
>

> This is with Jens' latest source tree, capture resolution at x576,
> and come back to you.
>
>> Never seen that happen on NTSC, of course.
>

> I didn't think so :)

I have no first hand knowledge if this but spotted something
that might help. Another thread had a URL to this message
announcing the tv-out support:

http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Jul-2003/msg00366.html

Take note of this:

  "PAL users will have to modify one line of the source
  to set PAL mode instead of NTSC. look in ivtv-api.c
  and find where the start_decode function sets pal or
  ntsc. You will also have to add the "pal=1" option to
  the saa7127 driver"

I have know way of knowing if this is still relevant but you
may want to check this also.

--  bjm