[mythtv-users] How do you compile with support for TV Out on PVR 350?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Sat Nov 1 09:21:00 EST 2003

Thanks Ward. If that's true that sucks. Some people have said that the
TV Out on the 350 provides much better quality...maybe they were talking
theory. If what you say is correct, that may mean back to Winblows until
support gets better.

I want to hook this thing up to my home theater without
keyboard/mouse/monitor. Leave the front end up all the time and control
playing LiveTV and recordings through the remote, and recording through
remote and mythweb. Maybe what I'm thinking won't work. Will I be able
to see MythTV's menus when I'm using TV Out?

Right now I have it hooked up to my Infocus X1 using the VGA cable.
Video quality is probably acceptable, accept I really want the 350 doing
the decoding/encoding work. Bad part the sound quality, headphone jack
to composite RCA, really sucks. Plus, I can't forward the video to the
rest of my TV's this way. (using Leapfrog)

Anyone have any further input or details?

Thanks,
James