[mythtv-users] Several Problems with my WinTV PVR 250 MythTV Box

Robert Schultz robert at cosmicrealms.com
Sat May 31 23:21:31 EDT 2003

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

>On Saturday 31 May 2003 08:42 pm, Robert Schultz wrote:
>

>>Robert Schultz wrote:
>>Okay, cool stuff.
>>I export my display, and run Eterm &
>>That gives me an Eterm window no my TV.
>>I move my mouse over to it and start Mythfrontend there!
>>And everything works great, as long as I keep 'focus' on that window on
>>that screen.
>>
>>So all I have to do now is figure out how to redirect irxevent signals
>>to a specific window!
>>And .lircrc files have that capabilit built in (to both window name and
>>window ID).
>>Once I figure out how that works, it should be all set.
>>

>Myth is (currently) heavily dependent on focus.  It processes input via X
>keyboard events, which only get sent to the window with keyboard focus.  It
>may help to make sure your window manager is set up with a "Click To Focus"
>policy rather than a "Focus Follow Mouse" policy.  And yes, irxevent can send
>events to specific windows, but there are many different windows in Myth and
>you'd have no way of knowing which one was the "current" one.  Basically,
>Myth will not respond to any keys (whether from the keyboard or irxevent) if
>it doesn't have keyboard focus, period.

I have had success!
By running Eterm on the TV display and keeping my focus away from it
fixes the keyboard problem.
The main good thing that came out of this is the modification of my
~/.lircrc file
I changed the key targets from CurrentWindow to 'mythfrontend' (which is
the name of the window).
And it works great! playing on my TV is live tv, and only the remote can
control it, unless I move my mouse from my monitor off to my TV.

So that's perfect!

Everything is coming along nicely... too bad I can't get the darn thing
to change channels :(

--
To an optimist the glass is half full.
To a pessimist the glass is half empty.