[mythtv-users] LIRC MythTV Documentation is WRONG, please read and update them.

Adrian Burden aburden at onegeeksopinion.com
Sat May 31 20:15:53 EDT 2003

Just a quick note on this, just finished a new install on Mandrake 9.1.

If you are uninstalling the Mandrake LIRC be sure to delete the
directory
/lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/3rdparty/lirc

I did not do this at first, and everything seemed to work ok until I
tried using the startup scripts with  mythbackend starting as root. Then
I was getting all sorts of problems. Tracked it down to the lirc_serial
module from this directory was getting loaded instead of the new one
compiled from source..

Cheers...