[mythtv-users] serial port control of Motorola/General Instruments DCT2000

Aaron Stewart acs at hourglassone.com
Sat May 31 19:34:39 EDT 2003

My investigation has shown that the tiVo actually _doesn't_ control via
this port.. in fact, what people were experiencing as success was
actually direct control using the built-in ir blaster on the newer TiVo
boxes.

According to motorola's site, the 9pin serial is used to connect a Hi
Definition receiver, and that's it.  I did notice that they have some
hardware specific documentation on their site, but everything not
normally consumer accessible is passworded.  Anybody got an axe? :)

Cheers,
Aaron