[mythtv-users] Several Problems with my WinTV PVR 250 MythTV Box

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sat May 31 19:57:35 EDT 2003

On Saturday 31 May 2003 06:01 pm, Robert Schultz wrote:
> MythTV is up and running but several things are not working.
>
> First and mainly is sound. I have no sound output all using MythTV.
> If I use mplayer to play a static MPEG file, I hear sound out of my
> television.
> Same with XFree sounds. They play okay. But MythTV doesn't.
> I tried doing a modprobe btaudio, but no such luck. It loads but then
> spits out 'No such device' errors.
> How can I further troubleshoot this? And hopefully fix it?

btaudio is for analog tuner cards.  Pretty much the only thing it can be with
a pvr-250 is that you've not setup the output sound device in mythtv's
settings section or something else is using the dsp device and preventing
mythtv from opening it.

> Secondly, if I go into MythTV and choose to 'Watch TV' it comes up just
> fine and I'm now watching TV.
> However, if I hit 'ESCAPE' to go back to the TV menu scren, once it
> makes it to the screen Myth totally stops responding.
> Arrow keys don't do anything, and neither does escape.
> It's as if it just decided to stop listening for input.

Sounds like you're not running a window manager on there, or are running one
that doesn't work properly wrt keyboard focus.

Isaac