[mythtv-users] CVS compiles now failing

Kirby Vandivort kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu
Fri May 30 10:38:07 EDT 2003

I updated CVS last night and things no longer compiling.
(should i be sending this to dev instead?)

I'm now getting the error:

make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/qt/3/mkspecs/default/qmake.conf', needed by `Makefile'.  Stop.

I'm on gentoo with the latest stuff, btw..

Anyway, from browsing the cvs commits, it looks like one of jdanner's
changes last night was in the Makefile:

old (that compiled for me):

Makefile: mythtv.pro  $(QTDIR)/mkspecs/linux-g++/qmake.conf
	$(QMAKE) -o Makefile mythtv.pro

new:

Makefile: mythtv.pro  $(QTDIR)/mkspecs/default/qmake.conf
	$(QMAKE) -o Makefile mythtv.pro

The commit message (Added a logo for the 'Videos' button. Modified some
files to ensure the button is shown.) indicates that this might file
might have just been baggage..

Anyway, is this an error that I need to fix in my own setup, or what?

Thanks,

Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
Email: kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu          3051 Beckman Institute
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~kvandivo/    University of Illinois
Phone: (217) 244-5711                405 N. Mathews Ave
Fax  : (217) 244-6078                Urbana, IL  61801, USA