[mythtv-users] Help! Changed /etc/modules.conf and now systemwon't boot

JC johnmythtv at crombe.com
Fri May 30 02:58:23 EDT 2003

> > I'm using mandrake 9.0 and have tired every other boot mode
> > grub lists and even the floopy and all fail.
> >
> > Any Ideas? (aside from a total wipe losing everything, bank
> > records, work, emails, etc..)

Boot from the Mandrake Boot Disk (#1).  It comes up to a menu that says
"Update" or "Other options".  Choose the "Other".  Then another menu comes
up.  Type    rescue    and you'll see a number of choices.  I believe you
then type   mnt    to get it to mount your existing partitions, and you
should be up enough to edit your modules.conf.  Then just type "reboot" and
you should be back in business.

Good luck!

JC