[mythtv-users] Problem, all video sources in use

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu May 29 21:38:12 EDT 2003

At 07:30 PM 5/25/2003 -0600, kim gross wrote:
>I just setup a system for mythtv and I am having a problem. I assume I set
>something up incorrectly.  When I try to watch live tv, I get an error
>message that all video sources are in use and to delete some
>recordings.  I have no programs recording, there is nothing to delete.
>Any idea what I setup wrong?  This is on a redhat 9 system, with an aver
>stereo tv card which is working .

The "all video sources are in use" error *probably* means that you did not
set up any video sources in the config gui. Check this -- set up your
AverTV card as a source and associate at least one of its inputs with a
program source.

The reason you get a "delete some recordings" message is lnot obvious. In
fact, I don't even know if what you are paraphrasing is an instruction to
make room on the hard disk or to stop a current recording. If the aobve fix
doesn't get rid ot this message too, post again, quoting it exactly and
identifying exactly where you see it.