[mythtv-users] Forums??

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Fri May 30 05:01:29 EDT 2003

Taking the risk of beating the dead horse...

Ben Davis wrote:

>Email lists are good for support, but I think regular discussion that does not require support should be posted in a forum.

heh, and I thought the opposite - forums for the newbies support and
regular development / idea discussion on mailing lists :).

Personally, I think that email software is far superiour and more
(time-)efficient than a web based solution, but I see that others
(usually newbies, in my biased world-view :-) ) disagree. What might be
nice would be a forum<->mailing list gateway, similar to
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/>, but with
posting capabilities. Isaac's concern of invalid From email addresses
could be addressed with requiring a working email address for
subscribers (and only allowing subscribers to post, of course), if you
handle the bounces :).