[mythtv-users] Help! Changed /etc/modules.conf and now system won't boot

jeffwaters at wowway.com jeffwaters at wowway.com
Thu May 29 18:59:44 EDT 2003

I'm dumb, I changed /etc/modules.conf and now my machine
won't boot. I'm using my isp's webmail on my gaming machine
to send this.

I added the configs from bttv doco and did not remove
anything else...  so if I can get back to my modules.conf
all I should have to do is remove what I put in there and
reboot. However it locked up when trying to boot... stops
when loading the tulip nic card driver/module. (which I did
not change/edit)
I'm using mandrake 9.0 and have tired every other boot mode
grub lists and even the floopy and all fail.

Any Ideas? (aside from a total wipe losing everything, bank
records, work, emails, etc..)

Thanks all,
Jeff