[mythtv-users] Problems changing channel (external tuner, cvs build)

Lance Herron lance_herron at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 13:31:08 EDT 2003

Hello all,

Using today's cvs build, I'm unable to change the
channel when watching live tv.  My setup includes a
DirecTV receiver connected to a PVR-250 with a
"low-speed data" port for changing channels.

mythbackend shows the following when I try to change
the channel:

Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(1

I've looked at the source and see that the select
statement is probably failing because "channum" is not
set -- but I don't know how I managed to get into this
state.  I couldn't track down exactly where this gets
set initially.

I've checked the database and as far as I can tell I
have the correct default channel (501) and it does
exist in the channel table.

Also, when I first start watching live tv, the
external tuner program does not get called to set the
"initial starting channel" I specified during setup.

I have verified that the channel change program I am
using actually works, and that I entered the path
correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Lance