[mythtv-users] ASUS Pundit Questions

matt at mattmarsh.net matt at mattmarsh.net
Thu May 29 16:42:30 EDT 2003

>> People seem to suggest that the VGA out on the
>> Pundit does not perform as well as the SVideo
>> out. Is that everyones experience?
>
>The VGA is perfect for me. I used that to setup the box before moving to a
>TV over S-Video.
>
>The S-Video TV out on the SiS drivers doesn't support overscan yet to
>completely fill up the screen, but the borders are tiny on my TV anyway so
>I'm not worried. No green lines either.

OK, well that sounds like good news.

>> Has anyone experimented with remote controls for
>> the Pundit? The one thing it does lack is an IR
>> port :-( I guess I'll have to get an IR dongle
>> and use lirc. Has anyone found a nice one that
>> would look good next to the Pundit? Probably
>> even harder as I'm in the UK :-(
>>
>>I use a IR keyboard plugged into PS-2. Hence I don't use LIRC, etc. Found it
>>at a local computer fair (I'm in UK as well).
>
>> I also assume that there is going to be no way
>> to turn on the Pundit via remote control?
>
>There is an option to turn on via a keypress >which would be perfect for me -
>but I haven't tried it yet.

That's an interesting idea. I think I've seen some remote controls
which work as a keyboard plugged into the PS2 socket so maybe that
will be a good solution. If you give that a try then I'd be interested
to know that it works. I also seem to recall that those remotes were
RF based instead of IR so maybe I could hide away the dongle completely

Ah, so if you're in the UK too, where did you buy your Pundit from?
The cheapest I've found so far is www.scan.co.uk which have them for
about £150.

Thanks,
Matt