[mythtv-users] MythVideo CVS with MythTV 0.8?

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed May 28 20:35:19 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 07:02 pm, Matt wrote:
> I'd like to do this with mythmusic as well,  As I just discovered, the
> problem is that the newer add-ons need the newer libraries from the
> mythtv .9
>
> Is there a way around this?  I would think that having two versions of
> the libraries on the same machine would be unfeasable/ill-advised.
>
> Anybody running CVS add-ons with the release version of mythTV

You might be able to just install the libmyth stuff from current CVS mythtv
and get the add-ons to work, but it's really not that difficult to update to
cvs mythtv as well..  Really, all you need to do is just check the -commits
list for new commits before you update and watch out for 'database update
required' or 'this breaks stuff -- don't use' notices =)

Isaac