[mythtv-users] newbie setup questions

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Wed May 28 13:58:35 EDT 2003

>> As a Myth only system, I've been relatively pleased with my generic
>> GeForce2 MX 64MB TV Out card.  Although I have a slight positioning problem
>> with my TV out image (small black bar to the left side) but I'm willing to
>> live with it for the cost.  I am going to try and adjust it under windows
>> and see if it sticks.

s> sounds good, just got a pricewatch for about 30 bux on that with a
s> tv out, i can just get the oem one i presume....

        If you're going to get a new video card for TV out, try to
get one that's supported by "nvtv" so you can fix those "positioning"
problems.  The nvtv documentation says which encoder chips are
supported.  You may be able to identify the chip used in the board you
want to buy by looking at images.  There's also a database at
http://tvtool.de/ that may be useful.

        Also, the latest nVidia drivers support overscanning on
MX440 boards (which nvtv does not support) so that's another
alternative.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net