[mythtv-users] EXT3 problems?

Brett Profitt brettmyth at narnarnar.com
Tue May 27 15:44:55 EDT 2003

> >From recent experience, I'd suggest that you stick with ext2/ext3 instead
> of moving to xfs or reiserfs, for two reasons:

I second this.  I was experiencing exactly the same thing when I tried
to use ext3, even after having made the adjustments suggested in the
mailing list.  I am now using ext2 and am quite happy with it.  From my
testing, though, I actually discovered fat32 seems to have worked best
with my specific setup.  Not having seen any benchmarks that support
this, it could be just a fluke.  The only reason I'm not using fat32
right now is its inability to store files over 2 gigs...which isn't so
much a problem if your system can handle using the MPEG4 codec.

Brett