[mythtv-users] Re:Removing scheduled recordings

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Tue May 27 11:03:03 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 09:49, Alexander P. Petkov wrote:
> QUOTE:
> =============
> "Don't record this episode of this show even though it would normally
> be recorded because it matches one of my setup recordings."
> ==============
>
> Chris,
> I hope that this doesn't get implemented--if I have to read that line
> one more time I will get a massive hemorrhage.

It does look more than a little confusing, but let's give a real-world
example.  You're just starting to get into a TV show - let's say... Law
& Order.  And you've seen maybe a dozen episodes.  You set mythtv to
record the show whenever it's on, on any channel.  So each and every
episode matches one of your setup recordings.

Now - let's say you've been doing this for a while, so you've seen your
fair share of episodes.

So now, you want to be able to not watch episodes you've already seen.
MythTV can't tell you what you've seen over the course of your life,
only you can.  So telling it not to record a particular episode on the
Scheduled Recordings is what you'd normally do, right?

Which is how you tell the MythTV to "don't record this episode of this
show (even though it would normally be recorded because it matches one
of my setup recordings.)"  Note that parentheses have been added to
clarify what the "because..." covers...

	-I

P.S. - Please don't hemorrhage on the list!
--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
                       ian at duckland.org / ian at cytben.com