[mythtv-users] EXT3 problems?

pixel at hourglassone.com acs at hourglassone.com
Tue May 27 07:30:00 EDT 2003

>From recent experience, I'd suggest that you stick with ext2/ext3 instead
of moving to xfs or reiserfs, for two reasons:

1. ext2/3 seems to be the only fs that supports bad block tables.
2. if you're running into issues, best not to add another component to the
equation.

Another note: Journalizing should only add overhead when writing to disk
(at least, that's the theory).  If you're doing multiple recordings, you
might take a pretty big performance hit.  I've got my system on ext3 with
a XP 2500+, and I'm not seeing too big a drain, tho.

Best of luck.
Aaron