[mythtv-users] Frontend system requirements

Aran Cox spin at avalon.net
Mon May 26 23:00:05 EDT 2003

I tried creating a frontend only system on a P2-266 and a K6-2 400,
neither worked out.  They both had at least some CPU to spare, but the
video still stuttered despite having Xvideo support for both video
chipsets.  Anyway, the only way to know is to try it.  Setting up a
frontend-only system is relatively easy, so you shouldn't need to spend
hours to find out.