[mythtv-users] Client server over wireless networks

Michael Jones mike at phasegate.com
Mon May 26 17:36:15 EDT 2003

I've got a single card server and three clients running myth.  I'm wondering
if anyone can relate real-world experiences using a wireless network & what
encoding settings might be used to avoid saturating bandwidth and dropping
frames.

I have an 802.11b network but am considering upgrading to 802.11g and am
very curious if anyone has a workable myth solution using g.

(yes, I can do the math to figure out what sustainable rates might be, but
wireless throughput is so unpredictable, I thought I'd ask).

Thanks,

Mike

--
Michael Jones