[mythtv-users] Re:No Sound, please advise

Jeremy Oddo joddo at apixels.net
Mon May 26 09:35:05 EDT 2003

I'm just getting onto this thread so pardon me if I missed some of the
other posts.

I too have had the problem of no sound under myth/xawtv.  I get sound
under everything else (system sounds, etc.).  My problem happened to be
the options I fed bttv when I modprobed it.  If I didn't have the correct
card and tuner option in my /etc/modules.conf I would get picture with no
sound.  I played around with it for a bit until I got the correct values
and...PRESTO I got sound.

Jeremy