[mythtv-users] xmltv and German umlauts

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Mon May 26 18:18:20 EDT 2003

Ralf Haller wrote:

> Warning: Source file 20030526_516.xml.xml had errors, I have to delete it

I don't know why that is. (The additional ".xml" is a bug in the text
only, I think, ignore it.) Obviously, there's something wrong with the
file (it's empty or trncated or not converted properly or the like), but
I don't know why and what. Are you sure that you followed all the
instructions precisely, incl. requirements? In particular, does your sed
support the -i option?

> gunzip: 20030526_035.xml.gz: unexpected end of file
> sed: kann 20030526_035.xml nicht lesen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
> gefunden

This happens to me sometimes as well. Usually, fetching again or a day
later fixes it. I should add a check for that (later).
I also get a lot of "duplicate entry ... for key ...", but that
shouldn't be harmful and that might be because some commandline options
are not implemented. I should add that as well.

> Maybe TVMovie changed their file format?

No. Again: I use it here and it works for me, so it can't be the format.

> Is MythTV capable of displaying ä as ä?

Yes.