[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend hanging - todays CVS

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Sun May 25 07:46:42 EDT 2003

I have just today (May 24th) downloaded and rebuilt from CVS to see if
it would fix my problem.  It didn't.

"make distclean", "configure", "make" and "make install" had no errors.

The scenario:

. I have mythbackend running in another room on a RH9 Athlon box.
. I have mythfrontend running in the TV room on a separate RH9 Athlon box.
. They are connected with 100Mbps Ethernet hardwired.
. Backend has Hauppauge 250 installed.
. The backend is recording a program off the air (in progress).
. I run mythfrontend on the frontend machine and select Playback a
  Recording.
. It lists the recorded programs and starts to play the first selection
  in the lower right PIP window.
. The second I hit a key (any key, arrow, spacebar, whatever) and
  mythfrontend hangs.  I have to go to a virtual terminal and kill it.
  (Is there an easier way to do this?)
. Same thing exactly happens when I go to the "Delete a Recording" selection.

The backend continues to record and appears to be unaffected.  I.e., I
can reconnect and reproduce the problem repeatedly.

Everything else I have tried seems to work (play live tv, schedule
recordings, play recordings when backend is not recording something).

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Let me know what additional information or diagnostics I can provide.

Thanks!
Dick