[mythtv-users] RedHat 9 & MythMusic freezing

Steven Shen sshen81 at yahoo.com
Sat May 24 17:24:27 EDT 2003

I've installed MythMusic on RedHat 9 and had GUI
slowdown/freezes. Running top shows a memory leak.
I've seen some other threads discussing this problem
in RedHat 8.1 and greater.

Changing output->mutex()->lock/unlock to
mutex()->lock/unlock in MainVisual::timeout() solved
much of the freezing except when doing seeks.

Commenting out the output->mutex()->lock/unlock calls
in Playbackbox::seek() fixed the freezes when
performing seeks.

While I haven't had any problems so far when running
MythMusic using these hacks, I was wondering if anyone
has come up with a good solution for this problem in
RedHat 8.1 - 9?

Thanks,
Steve