[mythtv-users] business use of mythtv

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat May 24 13:22:11 EDT 2003

> PVR creates rather large files (MPEG2), I think, so maybe a fatter
> machine and a standard card would save you money later for archiving.
> Depending on how long you need to archive (assuming forever).

I'm currently working on an svcd exporter for mythtv.  It'll be awhile
before I get the settings right, but it's turning into a nice
commandline (not curses) version of mythmkmovie (designed to be expanded
to let you do all kinds of things to the video files)

And you wouldn't even have to pay me.  :)    (though I can easily hook
you up with the servers - among other things, my company specializes in
storage servers, and we have some sweet - 3U 2.6Tb - serial ATA stuff in
the works now)

-Chris