[mythtv-users] Pundit Update (good) and a couple of questions.

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat May 24 13:13:36 EDT 2003

> I can't view recordings. I go to the screen, press the right arrow key
> to highlight the first show and that's pretty much the end of things.
> Sometimes the preview loads, sometimes it doesn't. It's actually gotten
> worse over the last day, or so. The output from the backend (separate
> machine) and the frontend (pundit) looks normal. Should I try running
> under gdb and stopping it when it (seems) to hang to get a backtrace?
> I'm not really sure.

I had this happen when I tried to play recordings on my workstation from
the pundit - but was fixed when I properly nfs-mounted the recordings
directory...

You could also run strace on the process (via ssh from another machine),
or locally on a commandline-run of mythfrontend...  Though the output
from strace is often cryptic.

-Chris

(glad to FINALLY see the listserv's dns finding my mailserver)