[mythtv-users] Install tips for RH9 and PVR250 owners for Myth

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sat May 24 16:37:20 EDT 2003

At 09:43 AM 5/24/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Looks great!  I noticed that you didn't have a section on configuring
>audio for the SBLive card though... if you perform one of the 2
>DVD-playing hacks, you'll want Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, which is
>something I'm personally interesting in getting working... ;)

I didn't do anything for the audio, you are correct.  I simply went with
the default OSS drivers RH installed.  In the past I tried ALSA but was
told that the OSS stuff works fine for Myth and it was just another layer
of complexity.  So for those of us who just wanted the system stable, OSS
is probably the way to go.  In the future I will likely try 5.1 and add a
DVD drive in to the box as it is rapidly heading towards being the main
machine in the living room for entertainement. ;)  If you get it working,
please post instructions back for the rest of us. :)

-Jeff