[mythtv-users] How can one get infared send and recieve at the same time

Vincent AE Scott mythtv at codex.net
Sat May 24 13:33:06 EDT 2003

#if mikehillny /* May 13, 09:43 */
> I have been trying so many things to get my myth box to both send and recieve
> infared at the same time, with no avail.
>
> At first I tried the Actisys200L, which would only recieve for me as the lirc
> driver is hard-coded to 38khz for sending it wont send to my SA3100 cable box
> [runs at 57.6khz].
> After this, I built the homebrew serial transmitter on the lirc page
> http://www.lirc.org/improved_transmitter.html and got this working for sending
> channel changes to my cable box.  Whew, great, but ...
>
> I have not yet been able to figure out how to now recieve signals with either
> the actisys [lirc_sir] -or- the built-in reciever on my LeadTek card
> [lirc_gpio] -at the same time- as having lirc loaded for my transmitter
> [lirc_serial].  My latest attempt was to build the homebrew reciever and try to
> run them both on the same serial port.
>
> If anyone has a good answer, can you please reply with detailed specifics on
> how to get this working.  I have read other posts where people say, in general,
> it is possible to run lirc twice, but I have not been able to get this to work.

#endif /* mikehillny at yahoo.com */

what i ended up doing, was building both a sender and receiver and
wiring them into the same serial connector.  dont have www grade
internet access right now, so i cant provide the links to the lirc.org
site.  i've been using this setup for ages without any problems, as i
also wasnt able to get two lirc_* modules working concurrently.

-v

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Never test for a bug you don't know how to fix