[mythtv-users] Help please?

tekchip tekchip at yahoo.com
Sat May 24 01:01:25 EDT 2003

A correction.....lame was not causing me problems it's libcdaudio
that is causing me problems on debian. I need libcdaudio installed
which requires libc6 which requires libnss-db. The version of libc6
that comes with debian according to the apt repository at debian
security is the most up to date stable version available. Attempting
to install  libc6 2.3.5(which is required by libcdaudio) tells me
that libnss-db is not the right version and it wont install libc6. It
doesn't suggest a more up to date version of libnss-db than the
2.2.xx that is all ready installed. I have no idea where to find a
more up to date version of libnss-db. Google search's turn up only
2.2 versions. Thanks again for the help!

--- Ray Olszewski <ray at comarre.com> wrote:
> At 10:41 PM 5/23/2003 -0700, tekchip wrote:
> >Is there a suggested distro to use for myth?
>
> No.
>
> I use Debian Sid successfully (with the precompiled .deb packages
> for Myth
> and some supporting packages from the Sid version of the URL I
> mention below).
>
> Other use Mandrake.
>
> Look through the list archives to see what other distros people
> report
> using ... there is a lot of variety ... including some people who
> are happy
> with one or another version of Red Hat.
>
> >I tried redhat 8. This
> >got me all the pre-requisites installed except for XMLTV. Ran into
> >build problems with XMLTV. I tried Redhat 7.3. I didn't get
> anything
> >to install correctly. I've attempted to install and run it under
> >debian but Debian Woody has a lot of dependancy issues with some
> of
> >the dependencies. Imparticular I cant seem to get dependencies
> taken
> >care of for libc6 which is required by lame. Does any one have any
> >pointers or suggestions on how to get this thing to work? Fav.
> >distro's? Secret tweaks/methods?
>
> How are you trying to run lame with Woody? Are you using the
> precompiled
> .deb  packages from
> http://marillat.free.fr/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/
> ? If not, try that ... it's your best source for packages that do
> not meet
> the licensing guidelines for inclusion in official Debian. Or at
> least the
> corresponding site for Sid takes care of all my dependency loose
> ends.

=====
Brock Hatfield
tekchip at yahoo.com