[mythtv-users] recording tv - audio for a few minutes

chris.rickert at mchsi.com chris.rickert at mchsi.com
Fri May 23 15:34:45 EDT 2003

This past week I was able to record without any problems - no errors.  Playback
of the recording was great.  Then last night i noticed when Myth was recording I
was getting an error in the backend shell.

When I watch the recording, I get audio & video for about 2 minutes then just video.

While recording the following error shows up over and over:

only read -1 from 4096 bytes from '/dev/dsp'
input/output error...
only read -1 from 4096 bytes from '/dev/dsp'
input/output error

not sure why it worked earlier in the week and now it's not.  I haven't made any
changes to mythtv setup.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I've got 900 athlon
via onboard sound
wintv hauppage card
512 mb ram.