[mythtv-users] Compensating for audio lag

Dan Brown dglbrown at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 19:52:04 EDT 2003

There's no time to celebrate after finally getting it
working nicely - too much refining to do! In my case,
I am using a separate amp to generate sound, and it
introduces a small but perceptible delay, where
people's words happen just a fraction later than they
should, based on how their lips move on the screen. I
would like to compensate for this in myth. Is it
possible to tweak the sound synch? I'm imagining
something like a car's timing adjustment, advancing or
delaying the sound relative to the video frames - any
suggestions? Thanks
Dan

ps- thanks to those who encouraged me to ditch the
avertv stereo card. my 2 hauppauge 401's are running
so much better and setting up btaudio was a snap,
through following some further advice from this list.