[mythtv-users] S-Video Recording

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu May 22 18:43:49 EDT 2003

Jeff Waters wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I've been looking for some info on this subject but I'm not able to find
> anything on it. While I'm working on getting lirc to change the channels
> on my digital cable box I have it setup coming in through my svideo
> input on my ait tv wonder card. I have xawtv setup on channel 99 to use
> the s-video input and it works just fine for watching tv off the box.
> However I've been trying to find a way to get mythtv to record off the
> svideo so I can record my tech tv shows when I'm at work etc...

If you haven't already, run the setup program and go through
steps 1 and 2. In 3, create a video source for you digital
cable provider. In setp 4, choose S-Video. Select the Video
Source and enter "/bin/true" as the temporary External channel
change command. Run mythfilldatabase to get your listing then
run mythfrontend to choose the shows that you want to record.
You will need to remember to manually change the channel
before the record time. Once you have lirc working, replace
/bin/true with the actual command that will change channels
for you.

--  bjm