[mythtv-users] Simultaneous Linux console & TV?

Vince Busam vince at busam.com
Thu May 22 15:38:38 EDT 2003

I'm planning to put together a 2.2GH Athlon system to run my low volume server
(firewall, web site, mail server) together with Myth backend & frontend.  I'm
planning to get a PVR 250 so I have no problem with CPU power.

My plan is to have multiple video cards, one to drive my Linux console and one
for TV out.  My AGP card has a GeForce4 with video out.  (When I hook up the TV,
it shows my command line Linux console but goes blank when I go into X
(1024x768) which seems reasonable to me.)

Is anyone using this type of setup?  Any tips or suggestions regarding a second
video card or configuration that will make my life easier?

Thanks,
Vince