[mythtv-users] Audio problems solved - but now picture dropping out

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Thu May 22 16:18:32 EDT 2003

I spent the day formatting and reinstalling in an effort to rid myself of
the jerky video problems with live TV.  It seems to have worked and I kept
notes and intend to put together a RH9 document to submit for consideration
for posting if anyone is interested.

Now when I run Myth (and hey, the buttons moved around) I can watch live TV
and with the exception of the first 2 seconds or so on a channel, I don't
get any skipping or drop outs.  The EPG also works if I scroll one listing
at a time, or do the page down scrolling with reasonable pause between each
page.  Otherwise audio drops out a bit during page changes.

However, a new oddity has emerged and I'm not entirely sure if it would be
Myth or the IVTV drivers for the 250 card I am using.  I have been watching
live TV for the last few minutes and all of a suddent the screen with go
black, then bright blue then black and the audio will continue but the
video is no where to be found.  If I exit the frontend and start it up
again, everything is fine again. Neither the front end or the backend are
reporting any issues.  I am running some tests now to try and get some more
information.

Both Myth and the IVTV drivers are from approximately 10-11AM EST this
morning.   Has anyone else seen this behaviour?  I haven't encountered it
before.

-Jeff