[mythtv-users] PixelView PlayTV PVR, anyone able to get this to work?

Joshua D. Tschida josh at tschidanet.com
Thu May 22 13:22:46 EDT 2003

Greetings, new member to the list here.  I am attempting to build a low-profile PVR using MythTV, and have purchased a PixelView PlayTV PVR tuner card because it is the shortest tuner I could find (model  PV-CX883PL+/CX881PL+).  I found a reference in http://pvrhw.goldfish.org that says someone was able to get a PixelView card to work.  I am having trouble though and and not sure where else to look for help...

I am running Mandrake 9.1 and have gone through most of the MythTV setup.  However when I am asked to select my tuner card in the initial setup program it is not listed.  I assume this means that the tuner is not installed.

I then ran lspci from the shell and saw this:
01:07.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant: Unknown device 8800 (rev b2)

I also ran lsmod from the shell and was unable to find bttv listed anywhere.  I assume this means bttv is not running...

Anyone know how I can solve this issue?  The reference in pvrhw.goldfish.org said the person used "tuner" as the driver, whatever that means...

thanks.
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...