[mythtv-users] SBLive and RH9 with default drivers?

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Thu May 22 01:37:30 EDT 2003

At 10:32 PM 5/21/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Why don't you stop f*cking with alsa? the OSS emu10k1 driver that comes
>with the kernel, and redhat, works great. You're tossing 15 different things
>into the mix that could be causing problems.

I had seen conflicting information that suggested that the performance
problems I was seeing could be related to audio issues and that the ALSA
drivers were understood to provide higher performance.

At this juncture, rather than muck about and send too may more messages to
the list, I think I'll try and connect with some of the other RH9 users off
the list and compare notes on hw and sw configs and build things up slowly,
one package at a time, and attempt to get things working properly.

-Jeff