[mythtv-users] SBLive and RH9 with default drivers?

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Thu May 22 00:51:56 EDT 2003

At 10:30 PM 5/21/2003 -0400, you wrote:
I have just completed the ALSA 9 driver install.  I just checked Myth and
it still had the jerkiness problem with live TV :(.  I am going to reboot
just to make sure I don't have two sound drivers etc loaded.
>>In the mean time, here is the output from xvinfo.  Anything you can
>>suggest to tune things up would be greatly appreciated - especially since
>>we have very similar settings.  I am also running the latest NVIDIA driver.
>>
>>[root at experiencetv utils]# xvinfo
>>X-Video Extension version 2.2
>>screen #0
>>   Adaptor #0: "NV10 Video Overlay"
>>     number of ports: 1
>
>hmm, that's funny.  my xvinfo doesn't show this.  i have no idea what it
>is, i had just assumed xv was xv, i only show this part:

>>   Adaptor #1: "NV05 Video Blitter"
>>     number of ports: 32
>
>what did you have for video cards again?  two of them?  someone who knows
>xv better than i, is the 'Video Blitter' one good enough for highspeed
>mythtv images?  i've noticed some lines accross the screen, like the image
>is updated in the middle of a refresh (i know that the vsync is supposed
>to fix this properely) i just wouldn't have thought i'd have as many
>artifacts like that as i am.

The card is a generic (MSI) GeForce2 MX 64 MB with TV out...  Encoder is a
WinPVR 250.

>anyway, back on to _your_ problem jeff  ;-).  the other thing that caused
>me problems, was that i had dma transfers turned off, and i had the
>debugging output from the ivtv driver.

Debug is off and DMA is on.

Drat..... I'm almost back to doing a fresh install and punishing myself all
over again...

One other question... I can't seem to find alsactl or figure out how to
unmute things with the mixer...  How do you ensure your sound is enabled at
bootup?

-Jeff