[mythtv-users] [OT] Pundit Questions....

Dan Man danman at dtconnect.com
Wed May 21 13:39:57 EDT 2003

I'm using a 1.7 GHz Celeron. This is a front end only machine. No
encoding duties here. I bumped the video memory to 64 MB and played with
the memory speeds in bios. Following your suggestion also unplugged the
cdrom. I really don't think it's a resource issue, other than video.
Being a front end, the cpu sits at ~70% idle and the hd light blinks
only occasionally during live tv. I've played with different resolutions
and still get jerky video in high movement scenes.

The jerky video isn't so bad that it's not useable, but not what I'm
used to from my other machines.

The one thing that really bugs me is the vertical bars that I get when I
start tv, or go to the epg. You can see a pic here
http://www.bubber.com/Pics/Content/Post/lines.jpg

I took it with my digital camera as I wasn't sure how to get a screen
cap of it.

Dunno, I guess I'm not really ready to toss it, I'm just frustrated....

Dan Mount