[mythtv-users] SBLive and RH9 with default drivers?

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Wed May 21 12:39:28 EDT 2003

Jeff C wrote:

> Is anyone running an SBLive card with the default (OSS I think, not
> ALSA) drivers in RH9?
>
> I have swapped out my ES1371 card for a modern SBLive with the EMU10K
> chip but I haven't tried to recompile with ALSA yet.  I am getting
> dropped frames and audio on live TV (PVR 250 card for capture).
> Playback from a file is perfect.  Can someone who is using a PVR 250
> and an SBLive let me know how their performance is with live TV?  I
> have a Duron 1.1Ghz chip and 384 MB of memory pushing a GeForce2 MX
> 64MB with TV out.

i have an athlon 1GHz, 256MB RAM, emu10k w/alsa.  also a GeForce2 (with
the latest nvidia driver).  live tv (and everything else) works great.
 every now and then there are strange pauses in livetv, but i with kde
running there is a _ton_ of wasted memory, so i think thats my only
problem right now, drop kde and/or add more memory.

do you perhaps not have xv capabilities setup?  if you run xvinfo in a
terminal, what do you see?  and what is the cpu utilization like when
you're watching live?  i see about 10% usage.

cheers,

    CraigL->Thx();