[mythtv-users] Unsupress a recording

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Wed May 21 04:46:59 EDT 2003

Bruce Markey wrote:

> This should be expressed as a positive bool like recordall or
> recordunique. dontnotoverrideunsupress would just cloud the meaning.

I don't think that "Record all showings" is terribly clear. I'd think
"Of course record all showings! Do you think I want you to randomly
leave out some shows because you don't feel like recording that day?"
I agree that double negatives are not ideal.
I'd call it "Don't record episodes again that have been recorded in the
past", defaulting it to true. I'd still use the negative, because the
straightforward (and thus expected) way is to just record everything and
this option is *enabling* some extra "smart" logic (which happens to
*supress* something).