[mythtv-users] PVR 250 Grey Remote .lircrc key bindings

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Tue May 20 12:06:55 EDT 2003

*I sent this last night but the attached photo tripped up the admin
filter.  You can find the remote on the web so I have dropped the photo I
reference and just included the config*

Its about time I gave something back to the community so I took the time
tonight to do up a fairly complete and commented list of key bindings for
the .lircrc file used with lirc to support the new grey remote that comes
with the Hauppauge WinPVR 250 (and I think 350?) cards.

I have attached a pic of the remote if you aren't sure what it looks
like.  It is a nice unit.  Just cut the text below and paste it in to a
file in your homedir.  This file is read by irxevent when it starts, by
default it looks in the homedir of the person starting it or you can force
it to read the file from elsewhere by specifying it on the command line.

Make sure you have the latest CVS of lirc so you have support for the card,
then you want the "-g" lircd.conf file that comes with the IVTV drivers for
the card.

Feedback welcome.

-Jeff

-- CUT HERE --
# May 19, 2003 - JAC - rev .1
#
# .lircrc key bindings
#
# Suggested remote key bindings for MythTV Version .8
#
# This is for the newer, light grey remote with red/yellow/blue/green keys that
comes
# with the Hauppauge WinPVR 250 and 350(?) cards
#
# This file is case sensitive - so keep that in mind.

# Channel Up
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = CH+
     repeat = 3
     config = Key Up CurrentWindow
end

# Channel Down
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = CH-
     repeat = 3
     config = Key Down CurrentWindow
end

# OK/Select
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = OK
     repeat = 3
     config = Key space CurrentWindow
end

# Play key for selecting recordings
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = PLAY
     repeat = 3
     config = Key space CurrentWindow
end

# Record key for identifying recordings in EPG
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = RECORD
     repeat = 3
     config = Key space CurrentWindow
end

# Pause playback
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = MUTE
     config = Key P CurrentWindow
end

begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = PAUSE
     config = Key P CurrentWindow
end

# Escape/Exit/Back
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = BACK/EXIT
     config = Key Escape CurrentWindow
end

# Also "Power off" key
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = OFF
     config = Key Escape CurrentWindow
end

# Also "Stop" for movie playback
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = STOP
     config = Key Escape CurrentWindow
end

# Also "RED", for instinct ;)
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = RED
     config = Key Escape CurrentWindow
end

# Turns on 'Browse' mode to allow scrolling OSD data while staying on
urrent channel (use arrows)
# Use any ESC key to exit browse mode
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = GREEN
     config = Key O CurrentWindow
end

# Blue to record a show seen in browseable OSD
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = BLUE
     config = Key R CurrentWindow
end

# Displays EPG when watching Live TV
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = MENU
     config = Key M CurrentWindow
end

# Yellow to select and change to the highlighted channel from active EPG
(because OK records)begin
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = YELLOW
     config = Key M CurrentWindow
end

# Toggles Full Screen Mode
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = FULL
     config = Key F CurrentWindow
end

# Fast forward (default in Myth is 10 minute segment)
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = SKIP
     config = Key Page_Up CurrentWindow
end

# Rewind (default in Muth is 10 minute segment)
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = REPLAY
     config = Key Page_Down CurrentWindow
end

# Scroll Down
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = VOL-
     repeat = 3
     config = Key Left CurrentWindow
end

# Scroll Up
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = VOL+
     repeat = 3
     config = Key Right CurrentWindow
end

# Rewind (default in Myth is 30 seconds)
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = REW
     repeat = 3
     config = Key Left CurrentWindow
end

# Fast Forward (default in Myth is 30 seconds)
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = FFW
     repeat = 3
     config = Key Right CurrentWindow
end

# Bring up OSD (this will auto-fade after a few seconds unlike GREEN which reqs
ESC to exit)
begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = GO