[mythtv-users] Unsupress a recording

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue May 20 01:39:24 EDT 2003

Allen T. Gilliland IV wrote:
> actually .. this is the behavior right now...

Hummm... Nothing in my last message described the current
behavior so I can't be sure what you are referring to.
If it was "have single record ignore other considerations
like oldrecorded and the record type of the series" then
try the following. Go the EPG and find a show that is on
daily ("The Daily Show" seems like an appropriate example ;-).
Press "i" and select timeslot recording. Esc and it should
be marked "T". Press "End" to move forward a day. This
should also be marked "T". "Home" to return, "i" then select
"Record only this showing of the program", "Esc" and "End".
What do you see?

Single record should a separate entity independent of any
other rows in the database that happens to have the same
title. You should be able to mark that you want to record
a single showing with no impact on a selection for a
series that may happen to have the same title. Single
negate would be the opposite that says don't record this
showing even if there is a series of that title (I could
have used this feature this evening).

> This is why it would be a whole lot easier to have 2
> possible options:
>
> 1) a setting like "don't suppress previously recorded
> shows"

This is a double negative based on assumption about what
is going on internally. "Record all showings" is more to
the point. This is an attribute for a series and a different
feature than the independence of a single record.

> 2) the ability to hit "enter" on a grey line
> (suppressed) recording in the Resolve conflicts menu
> and be offered a chance to click "record this episode
> anyways"

Or be able to hit "i" on any item on the conflict page
be it grey, white, red, yellow or whatever. If single
record worked correctly, you could then mark that one
grey show to be recorded. If there was a "Record all
showings", you might choose that instead if that is what
you want to future shows.

--  bjm