[mythtv-users] TV-out interference

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon May 19 22:30:34 EDT 2003

I had a similar problem connecting my computer to my stereo a while back
(terriable 60hz noise problem)... it's definitely a grounding issue.
Look for a 60hz noise filter for coax cable, should be able to find one
at radio shack.  For audio noise a ground loop filter solved my issue,
as did using the optical output (logically).

You may also try making your own coax cable and not connect the shield
at one end so that the shield doesn't carry the ground between devices
(I would use the PC end and just use the center conductor on the vcr
end... it could result in lesser quality though.

Joe