[mythtv-users] TWM / FVWM (was Task bar under Gnome with MPlayer, how to hide?)

Brett Profitt brettmyth at narnarnar.com
Mon May 19 21:37:07 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 19:48, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> Read the archives... Myth doesn't play nice with Gnome.  If you must use a
> full-blown desktop environment, use KDE.  Otherwise, I recommend a
> lightweight window manager like Blackbox or FVWM.

I've been having a problem getting mythtv to work under twm and fvwm.  I'll try to start
up using a regular xterm, and it will display Connecting to backend, but then never
display anything.  I have to restart my entire system before it will bring up the
frontend again.  Usually I do it from KDE, but I'd like to not have to worry about
the kde stuff taking any cpu / disk space...

Any ideas?

Brett