[mythtv-users] mythtv in the UK

gary dawes garydawes at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 19 21:46:08 EDT 2003

Hello

Just wondering if there are many other Mythtv users
based in the UK, since mine has just made the move
into the living room. Cracking piece of code - many
thanks to all involved.

 I've been playing with it for a while, and recently
built it up onto a dedicated PC, based around an
Athlon 1700. Still got a couple of gremlins to sort,
but the biggy is below.

Aside from hearing about other UK users experiences
with the thing, one question I do have is about
TV-out. Has anybody got fairly decent tv-out running
under Linux on a UK tv.

 I have a bog-basic ATI LT-pro, which is not the best
as it is only NTSC (sorry US people!), and the
display, as well as being badly out of focus, is
offset by about an inch to the bottom left leaving a
black border around the top, and right. I'm toying
with the idea of getting a GEforce II but would like
an idea of the quality first. I have used Laptops with
TV out on this tv before, and the quality has been
much better than it is currently.

regards

gary